Creamy Polenta Recipe
Makes: 21 fingers
Time: 1 hour + chilling
Age: 12+ months
250g fresh baby spinach
60g grated cheddar
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C and oil a square 20x20cm baking tray.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil and add the spinach.
- Blanch for 30 seconds and remove from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Dress the spinach with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Add the polenta to the boiling water.
- Lower the heat and simmer the polenta, stirring often, for about 15 minutes, until it is cooked and creamy.
- Add the grated cheddar for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time and stir in until melted.
- Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic.
- Turn off the heat and add the spinach and garlic to the polenta, mixing well to combine.
- While still hot, pour the polenta in the oiled tray and set aside for 2h to cool and firm up.
- Cut the polenta into fingers and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden.
- You can freeze unbaked polenta fingers for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for 35-40 minutes, until thoroughly defrosted and golden.
Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (24g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)