Red Pepper and Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
Looking for a healthy meal for your baby? We got you. Here we prepared a "red pepper and pumpkin risotto" recipe. Click on and read further!
Makes: 8 portions
Time: 50 minutes
Age: 9+ months
450ml low sodium vegetable stock
180g Arborio risotto rice
150g butternut squash
2 medium carrots
1 medium sweet red pepper
2 Tbsp onion
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp grated Parmigiano
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- Chop the butternut squash and carrot in pieces of the same size.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pumpkin and carrot until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and put them in a blender. Process to make a smooth puree’.
- Chop the red peppers and onion into small pieces.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat the butter and oil and add the onion.
- Cook on a medium heat until translucent and soft, 2 minutes.
- Add the finely diced red pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice, mix well with the other ingredients and toast it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a ladleful of vegetable stock to the rice and let it evaporate.
- Stirring very often, keep adding stock a ladleful at a time, waiting for it to get absorbed before adding the next.
- Keep adding stock for about 15 minutes, then add the pureed butternut squash and carrot and mix well.
- Continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes or until the rice is the right consistency and softness for your child.
- Meanwhile, grind the rosemary and sunflower seeds.
- Add the Parmigiano, rosemary and seeds to the risotto and stir well to combine.
- You can freeze single portions of leftover risotto in airtight containers for up to 3 months. Thoroughly defrost and warm up before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (129g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||312ug (39%)||402ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)